Cottage Cheese. Either you love it or you hate it. I love it.
It’s on the top of my list for healthy snacks. The sugar content is quite low, about 6g per 1/2 cup. The fat content and carbohydrates are also minimal at 1.5g and 7g respectively. Cottage cheese contains an insane amount of protein! In 1/2 cup of 1% cottage cheese, there is 16g of protein!! Say what?! The only downside is that it’s very high in sodium; make sure you aren’t overdoing it!
This is a light, fresh, and healthy snack that you can feel good about eating.
Cottage Cheese With Cucumber and Tomato
- 1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese
- handful of baby tomatoes, halved
- 6 slices cucumber, quartered
- Step 1 Measure out 1/2 cup of cottage cheese and place into a bowl.
- Step 2 Add in chopped veggies and season with a pinch of S+P. Enjoy!