More healthy breakfasts! As I’ve said before, egg whites are super high in protein and have no fat; perfect for the already health conscious or anyone who is looking to make better choices! It is super easy to dress them up; the possibilities are endless. I used a handful of spinach/kale mix, shredded sharp cheddar, and some green onions for a bit of color. I added some Frank’s Red Hot Sauce because it is my most favorite condiment, and I really do put that $&*! on almost everything.
TIP: Whisk those egg whites like crazy!! You need to incorporate as much air into the mixture as possible. Make sure the pan is hot and ready before whisking, otherwise, your hard work will turn flat and dense the longer you wait.
Egg White Omelet With Spinach, Kale and Sharp Cheddar
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3/4 cup egg whites
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup spinach/kale mix
- small handful of grated sharp cheddar
- small handful of chopped green onion
- Franks Red Hot Sauce
- Step 1 Melt butter in a pan or skillet over medium- high heat. Make sure that butter covers the whole pan, bottom and sides.
- Step 2 Pour egg whites and milk into a bowl and whisk until lots of bubbles form.
- Step 3 Pour into heated pan and cover. Cook for several minutes until egg increases in thickness and no liquid egg remains.
- Step 4 Sprinkle on spinach/kale mix along with the cheese only on one side of the omelet. Carefully fold the omelet in half and flip.
- Step 5 Let the cheese melt for a minute or two. Done!